Well the month is almost over and I need to turn in my benefits package. Wait what did I just say? Why yes I did just say I have a benefits package with the school I am now working. It is so crazy that I have been here for a month now. The time has flow but also I seems as if it will never end.
My father is a very wise man. He told me to always remember that I am a smart girl and con conquer anything that is thrown at me. I know there is something great out there for me I just need to seek for it, because it is not going to show up on my doorstep in a nice wrapped package (though I sometimes wish it would). So for now I will leave you with the thoughts I shared with my ward family today:
Ether 12:32
Hope is an emotion which brings richness to our everyday lives.
Hope has the power to fill our lives with happiness… Hope is a gift of the Spirit…
We have the responsibility to make it an active part of our lives and overcome the temptation to lose hope.
Hope can inspire dreams and spur us to realize those dreams. Hope alone, however, shipwrecked on the reefs of good intentions and laziness.
Moroni 10: 20-21
*Never Give Up (Church News)
Greek mythology tells of Sisyphus, a king who was compelled by the gods to push a massive boulder to the top of a high mountain. Each time he reached the summit the boulder rolled back down the mountain and Sisyphus began again his endless charge of pushing the boulder to the top.
But trial-laden lives need not be defined by “ Sisyphean ” drudgery. If we are anchored in Christ and guided by His Gospel, our daily tasks assume a different tone. We recognize perseverance to be a divine quality that allows us to realize both immediate purpose and eternal reward for all our noble efforts and labor.
Success is usually realized by persevering and not by becoming discouraged when encountering challenges. Paul Harvey said: “Someday I hope to enjoy enough of what the world calls success so that someone will ask me, ‘What’s the secret of it?’ I shall say simply this: ‘I get up when I fall down.’
Perseverance is a positive, active characteristic.
“It is not idly, passively waiting and hoping for some good thing to happen. It gives us hope by helping us realize that the righteous suffer no failure except in giving up and mo longer trying.. When some people have a difficult job to do, they give up everything else until that job is finished. Others just give up.” –Joseph B. Wirthlin
Job: “The Lord blessed him with a family, good health and great possessions. He continued in his course, despite unrelenting opposition, until he saw the Lord” (Job 42:5).
Winston Churchill: “Never, never, never give up.”
Doctrine and Covenants 12:8
Hope is critical to both faith and charity. When disobedience, disappointment, and procrastination erode faith, hope is there to uphold our faith when frustration, and impatience challenge charity, hope braces our resolve and urges us to care for our fellowmen even without expectation of reward. The brighter our hope, the greater our faith. The stronger our hope, the purer our charity.
Hope…is like the beam of sunlight rising up and above the horizon of our present circumstances. It pierces the darkness with a brilliant dawn it encourages and inspires us to place our trust in the loving care of an eternal Heavenly Father, who has prepared a way for those who seek for eternal truth in a world of relativism, confusion, and of fear.
We should never let hope be displaced by despair
The exercise of hope enriches our lives and helps us look forward to the future.
Our hope in the Atonement empowers us with eternal perspective… We don’t have to be trapped in the narrow confines of society’s fickle expectations. We are free to look forward to celestial glory, sealed to our family and loved ones.
1 Corinthians 2:9
No matter how bleak the chapter of our lives may look today, because of the life and sacrifice of Jesus Christ, we may hope and be assured that the ending of the book of our lives will exceed our grandest expectations.
…hope in God, His goodness, and His power refreshes us with courage during difficult challenges and gives strength to those who feel threatened by enclosing walls of fear, doubt, and despair.
President Howard W. Hunter:
“I promise you…in the name of the Lord whose servant I am that God will always protect and care for his people…With the gospel of Jesus Christ you have every hope and promise and reassurance. The Lord has power over his saints and will always prepare places of peace, defense, and safety for his people. When we have faith in God we can hope for a better world—for us personally and for all mankind…”
Each of us is special, valued, and needed in building the kingdom of God. The adversary is also aware of our worth and will surely taunt us.
When we know who we are and what God expects of us, we are filled with hope and made aware of our significant role in his great plan of happiness.
2 Nephi 31:20
Sources:
Hope: Elder Steven E Snow, May 2011 Ensign
A More Excellent Hope: Elder Russell M. Nelson, February 1997 Ensign
The Infinite Power of Hope: President Uchtorf, November 2008 Ensign
Church News: Week ending in January 21, 2012
My father is a very wise man. He told me to always remember that I am a smart girl and con conquer anything that is thrown at me. I know there is something great out there for me I just need to seek for it, because it is not going to show up on my doorstep in a nice wrapped package (though I sometimes wish it would). So for now I will leave you with the thoughts I shared with my ward family today:
Ether 12:32
Hope is an emotion which brings richness to our everyday lives.
Hope has the power to fill our lives with happiness… Hope is a gift of the Spirit…
We have the responsibility to make it an active part of our lives and overcome the temptation to lose hope.
Hope can inspire dreams and spur us to realize those dreams. Hope alone, however, shipwrecked on the reefs of good intentions and laziness.
Moroni 10: 20-21
*Never Give Up (Church News)
Greek mythology tells of Sisyphus, a king who was compelled by the gods to push a massive boulder to the top of a high mountain. Each time he reached the summit the boulder rolled back down the mountain and Sisyphus began again his endless charge of pushing the boulder to the top.
But trial-laden lives need not be defined by “ Sisyphean ” drudgery. If we are anchored in Christ and guided by His Gospel, our daily tasks assume a different tone. We recognize perseverance to be a divine quality that allows us to realize both immediate purpose and eternal reward for all our noble efforts and labor.
Success is usually realized by persevering and not by becoming discouraged when encountering challenges. Paul Harvey said: “Someday I hope to enjoy enough of what the world calls success so that someone will ask me, ‘What’s the secret of it?’ I shall say simply this: ‘I get up when I fall down.’
Perseverance is a positive, active characteristic.
“It is not idly, passively waiting and hoping for some good thing to happen. It gives us hope by helping us realize that the righteous suffer no failure except in giving up and mo longer trying.. When some people have a difficult job to do, they give up everything else until that job is finished. Others just give up.” –Joseph B. Wirthlin
Job: “The Lord blessed him with a family, good health and great possessions. He continued in his course, despite unrelenting opposition, until he saw the Lord” (Job 42:5).
Winston Churchill: “Never, never, never give up.”
Doctrine and Covenants 12:8
Hope is critical to both faith and charity. When disobedience, disappointment, and procrastination erode faith, hope is there to uphold our faith when frustration, and impatience challenge charity, hope braces our resolve and urges us to care for our fellowmen even without expectation of reward. The brighter our hope, the greater our faith. The stronger our hope, the purer our charity.
Hope…is like the beam of sunlight rising up and above the horizon of our present circumstances. It pierces the darkness with a brilliant dawn it encourages and inspires us to place our trust in the loving care of an eternal Heavenly Father, who has prepared a way for those who seek for eternal truth in a world of relativism, confusion, and of fear.
We should never let hope be displaced by despair
The exercise of hope enriches our lives and helps us look forward to the future.
Our hope in the Atonement empowers us with eternal perspective… We don’t have to be trapped in the narrow confines of society’s fickle expectations. We are free to look forward to celestial glory, sealed to our family and loved ones.
1 Corinthians 2:9
No matter how bleak the chapter of our lives may look today, because of the life and sacrifice of Jesus Christ, we may hope and be assured that the ending of the book of our lives will exceed our grandest expectations.
…hope in God, His goodness, and His power refreshes us with courage during difficult challenges and gives strength to those who feel threatened by enclosing walls of fear, doubt, and despair.
President Howard W. Hunter:
“I promise you…in the name of the Lord whose servant I am that God will always protect and care for his people…With the gospel of Jesus Christ you have every hope and promise and reassurance. The Lord has power over his saints and will always prepare places of peace, defense, and safety for his people. When we have faith in God we can hope for a better world—for us personally and for all mankind…”
Each of us is special, valued, and needed in building the kingdom of God. The adversary is also aware of our worth and will surely taunt us.
When we know who we are and what God expects of us, we are filled with hope and made aware of our significant role in his great plan of happiness.
2 Nephi 31:20
Sources:
Hope: Elder Steven E Snow, May 2011 Ensign
A More Excellent Hope: Elder Russell M. Nelson, February 1997 Ensign
The Infinite Power of Hope: President Uchtorf, November 2008 Ensign
Church News: Week ending in January 21, 2012
Comments